Sedentary people refer to those people who need to sit to work frequently, face the computer for a long time, and drive for a long time. They are characterized by sitting at least five days a week, so they are called sedentary people. The distribution of sedentary people includes IT practitioners, accountants, editors, teachers, office workers, etc. For sedentary people, they often feel neck swelling, back pain, and body fatigue, which can be slightly relieved after resting on weekends. Relevant experts said that prolonged sitting can easily lead to cervical spondylosis, gastrointestinal disease, cardiovascular disease, etc., which should be actively prevented.
Most Americans have to sit for at least eight or nine hours a day, and the lunch break is only one hour. Germans have to sit in the office for 8 hours a day and take a 2 hour break at noon, but most people live in the suburbs and drive or take a train to work for 5-8 hours. Japanese people have to sit for 8-12 hours every day at work, but they often get up and walk around, such as receiving guests and going to conference rooms to discuss things in groups.
How to prevent the dangers of sitting too much
dentary people should not sit on hard seats for a long time, so as not to compress the sciatic nerve and cause numbness and pain in the limbs. In addition, patients with lumbar disc herniation should not sit on a low stool. Try to sit on a chair with a backrest or add a cushion to their waist. This can avoid the continuous strain of the back muscles and reduce the chance of back strain.
Correct sitting posture
Office workers should maintain a correct sitting posture when operating the computer, and often stretch their legs and change their posture. After working for 30 to 40 minutes, you should often stand up and leave the workbench to walk around a bit to relax the whole person. Be careful not to place boxes or other objects under the table, as this will limit the movement of the legs.
In the office, you can use a few minutes to consciously perform neck exercises.
First stand up straight, with your hands drooping, your feet shoulder-width apart, and your head slowly raised, looking up and staring at a target, maintaining this position for about 15 seconds at a time. Second, take the upright or sitting position, rub the back of the neck with the thumbs of both hands, first press the middle part, and then press the muscles on both sides, from top to bottom, bottom to top, repeatedly press and knead 15 times.
Then, look at it with both eyes, bend down and try to support the ground with your hands to make your body arch, and then turn your head 15 times left and right.
It should be noted that when looking around, the focus is on turning the neck, not just turning the eyes; finally, shaking the head in the order of front, back, left, and right. Shake your head for a week, then shake it in the opposite direction. Adhere to a few minutes every day, it will definitely alleviate the occurrence of cervical and lumbar diseases.
For sedentary office workers who often need to operate computers, the unscientific placement of equipment on their desks will also aggravate cervical strain. You can refer to the following methods:
1. The nose, keyboard center line, and display center line are located on a central axis to reduce body distortion;
2. Place the keyboard and mouse in the "easy operation area" as far as possible; the mouse and keyboard are on the same horizontal plane, and at the same time as close to the central axis as possible, do not place too far;
3. When entering documents, try to use folders and fix the documents on the same level as the display;
4. When answering the phone, the posture of holding the phone between the shoulder and the head will cause great damage to the neck and shoulder muscles. If you have a lot of time to answer the phone at work, you can use a headset phone;
5. Expert research has shown that people who sit for 4 hours without being able to perform activities will consciously send out uncomfortable signals. People who are sedentary have a higher risk of heart disease, obesity or death than the average person. Therefore, for our health, we must be active.