As a nurse, you're standing most of the time, so it's important that you know anything you can do in the foot relief category. After all, research shows that professionals who stand or walk all day are more likely to experience long-term general discomfort and pain, especially in the lower extremities. One of the best ways to provide the necessary support for your legs and feet is to wear support socks under your scrub while standing and after get off work.
These special socks provide a slight compression to promote blood flow and relieve leg pain, so they are a popular accessory for nurses and others in the medical field. Here are some reasons why nurses should invest in several pairs of high-quality compression stockings.
1. They provide relief after long shifts — A major benefit of compression stockings is that they promote muscle recovery. In other words, they help your muscles heal faster after working all day. Some nurses even wear support socks when off duty to help encourage quick relief.
2. Boosts circulation - Poor circulation can lead to a range of unpleasant symptoms, including chills, muscle cramps, pain, fatigue, throbbing and tingling - and nurses who stand all day are more likely to experience poor circulation. A set of support socks can help keep your blood flowing so you don't feel any of these symptoms throughout the day.
3. They can relieve symptoms of problem veins – Varicose veins and spider veins (large, swollen blood vessels that appear due to poor venous circulation) don’t just look unpleasant: they can also cause severe pain and cramping. Increasing blood flow to the legs and feet by wearing support stockings can help prevent these veins and provide some relief to existing veins.
4. They are easy to wear under your uniform - a good pair of gradient compression socks should be slim and concealed under your uniform. And because they come in so many unique styles, from ankle socks to pantyhose, you can be sure your outfits will meet your facility's dress code. Depending on the style you choose, you can even wear support socks as a base layer if you prefer to wear special socks over them.
5. Keep your feet day and comfortable - Many support socks are made with a mix of technology and natural fabrics that help wick away moisture and gently cushion your feet for all-day comfort. Look for styles with moisture-wicking fabrics to keep your feet from sweating and make sure those foot odors don't linger even after washing. You'll also find some models come with built-in padding to give your feet a little work cushioning.
6. They stay on their feet during activity - you'll notice that many compression socks are made with high-performance materials and have elastics built in to help them stay in place during exercise, which is why athletes (especially runners) often wear them). As for nurses, that means you don't have to spend a day pulling up socks or stockings.
7. Keep your legs alive – When you wear support socks, your legs will feel less sore after get off work so you can enjoy life to the fullest when you’re not at work. So you'll be able to get the most out of your day and night without worrying about sore feet and legs, which can seriously affect your precious rest time.
Find the perfect compression socks
Every professional has their own needs, and not all compression garments are right for everyone. ZSZBACE offers a convenient system to help you match the right socks for your needs.