How to care for knee spurs
Knee bone spur is a natural aging phenomenon of the human body. It is mostly caused by the wear and tear of the knee joint under repeated use for a long time, and promotes the repair, hardening and proliferation of the bone itself. How to maintain it in daily life?
1. Avoid dampness: too much cold in the body is an important factor that induces bone spurs in the knee joint. You should avoid sleeping in damp places, do not sweat when the wind is blowing, and do not take a cold bath or feet after sweating to prevent wind and dampness. , the three evils of cold damage to the knee joint. The knee joint is not overworked or overloaded.
2. Adhere to static training: The most critical treatment for early stage patients is to stabilize the joints, and insist on doing static training with double quadriceps and other contractions, that is, take a lying or sitting position, straighten both lower limbs, and forcefully tighten the muscles in front of the thigh. Continue for 10 to 20 seconds, relax for 5 to 10 seconds; repeat 20 to 30 times; 4 to 5 times a day. Effective for three weeks. Walk for 0.5 to 1 hour every day and massage your legs.
3. Timely rest: You should rest when the knee joint is swollen and the pain is aggravated. Avoid squatting, weight-bearing, going up and down stairs and other activities, and ask your doctor to coordinate with physical therapy and drug treatment. After the symptoms improved, the drug was discontinued, and the above training was the mainstay.
4. Eat more calcium-rich foods: Eat high-calcium foods to ensure the normal needs of the elderly for bone metabolism. The calcium intake of the elderly should be increased by about 50% compared with the average adult, that is, the daily composition of calcium should not be less than 1200 mg. Therefore, it is advisable to eat more milk, eggs, soy products, vegetables and fruits, and supplement calcium if necessary.
5. Control your weight: Weight gain will put a heavy load on the degenerated joints that have already been worn out, and of course it will be more likely to damage the bones. Those who are overweight should control their diet, increase activities, and lose weight to help reduce joint weight.
6. Moderate protein intake: The intake of protein should be limited. Too high protein in food will promote the excretion of calcium from the body.
Related Article: How to Choose Knee Pads for Seniors?
Knee spur treatment
1. Physical therapy: Physical therapy is mainly based on heat. According to the detailed environment, formulate targeted treatment measures for knee spurs.
2. Exercise therapy: This kind of treatment method for knee spurs consists of three basic exercises: muscle training, stretching exercise, and walking exercise. Among them, muscle training and stretching exercise should start from acute pain.
3. Acupuncture and moxibustion: Acupuncture and moxibustion can promote blood circulation and relieve pain, and can eliminate local edema and inflammation.
4. Chinese medicine therapy: Canadian GLEAF, which directly targets the disease and exerts its curative effect through the strong penetration of the drug, is the first choice for the treatment of bone hyperplasia.
5. Direct current drug iontophoresis method: the drug ions are introduced into the skin through the pores of the skin gland duct orifice, or into the mucosal tissue through the mucosa and epithelial cell gap. In addition to the current effect, the physiological therapeutic effect is mainly caused by the introduction of drug ions. The pharmacological properties of the drug determine that the direct current drug iontophoresis method gives full play to the role of the drug.
6. Massage and traction: Massage and traction are used to improve local blood circulation and play an anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving effect; traction can reduce the compression of bone spurs on local nerves and tissues and temporarily relieve pain.
7. Surgical treatment: Surgical method is suitable for patients with joint spasm, atrophy, deformity and damage in the late stage. The risk of surgery is high, and the trauma area of the surgical method is relatively large. Use with caution.
8. Adjuvant physiotherapy: in the acute phase, it focuses on relieving pain, reducing swelling and improving function; in the chronic phase, it focuses on enhancing local blood circulation and improving joint function.
Related Article: Common knee injuries and the role of knee braces